Please check through this agreement before making a booking.
Making a booking and payment for a single session or for ongoing therapy creates a legally binding contract between you, the client, and me, Angus Lyon (trading as Restart One).
Single session work. Each single-session lasts for up to 75 minutes and includes a short follow-up phone call.
Ongoing therapy (both time-limited and open-ended work). Each session lasts for 50 minutes. With open-ended work we will review how the work is progressing from time to time.
I will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the therapy time is free from interruptions.
If you arrive late for a session for any reason, the session will finish at the appointed time. This avoids intrusion into other clients’ appointment times.
If you need to contact me to discuss appointment arrangements, you can reach me by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on the phone number I will give you separately at the time of booking. If I am unable to take a call please leave a voicemail and I will return your call as soon as possible.
For single session work the fee is £60 per session, payable in advance. This includes the session and the follow up call.
For ongoing therapy the fee is £60 per session, payable at the end of the month.
I also charge on a pro rata basis for any other reports you may ask me to write or read in conjunction with your therapy.
Please do not take mood-altering drugs (unless prescribed by a GP) or alcohol before a session.
I reserve the right to charge in full for missed appointments or those cancelled with less than 48 hours’ notice.
If I have to cancel a session for any reason (for example, illness), I will discuss rearrangement of the session with you as soon as possible.
Everything that happens in your therapy sessions remains confidential between us, with the following exceptions:
- I will discuss aspects of the work with my supervisor, but your identity will remain protected.
- On rare occasions I may be required to discuss the work if required to by law. For example, if you discussed acts of terrorism or serious crime or risk of serious harm to others, I would report that to the police.
- Similarly, if you were to reveal information about children or vulnerable adults being at risk of harm, I would be required to report that to the relevant authorities if you felt unable to do so yourself.
- If subpoenaed to give evidence in court, I would have to do so.
- I may contact your GP or other medical professionals if I believed that you were likely to cause serious injury to yourself.
After every session I will make brief written notes of the discussion. These notes do not constitute part of your official health record.
Also, I will take notes during single session work and during the first session of time-limited and ongoing work.
Records are kept securely for a period of three years after counselling has ended and are then destroyed.
I am registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for data protection purposes and hold professional indemnity insurance cover.
This agreement is governed by the law of England and Wales and is subject to the the exclusive jurisdiction of its courts.
Angus Lyon, Restart One, 36 Old Priory Close, Hamble, England SO31 4QP.